Re: (PM) Init-strings

I don't work for LINS (livingston@iav.com)
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 13:26:58 -1000 (HST)

First, modem problems should go to the modem list ;)

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999 keith@mail.telestream.com wrote:

> I get the following message on the win98 side when attempting to dial into
> the pm3
>
> Interpreted response: Connect
> Connection established at 115200bps.

right here tells me that your .inf file for the modem is wrong. Get the
correct one and everything else should fall into place.

> Error-control off or unknown.
> Data compression off or unknown.
> Remote modem hangup.
>
> So how do I enable the proper error control and compression on the PM3.
> Assuming this is indeed the problem. I would love a URL to an example
> configuration for a basic 56k dial up.

Uhm, the PM3 is dumb in this respect, it responds to the clients modem
requests for error control and compression...

Last trim message.

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood Got Clue? If so: ISPF! The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>