Re: (PM) Non-Routable IP

Florin Andrei (florin@mail.maronet.ro)
Fri, 03 Dec 1999 15:44:13 +0200

Keith Stolle wrote:

> With the shortage of IP addresses on the increase I would like to know
> if there is a way to setup my portmasters so that they can use a
> non-routeable ip such as 192.168.0.0 for dial-in. I currently have a
> couple of class c's set aside for this but would rather use them in some
> other way if I can do this. Does anybody know about how to go about
> this.

You may as well put the PortMaster behind a Linux box wich is installed as a
masquerade-server. So, everything will be seen with the external (routable)
address of the Linux box.
Still, there are some issues with some obscure protocols (like ICQ chat, or
some games), but the rest should work fine.

--
Florin Andrei , florin@maronet.ro , http://www.maronet.ro/~florin/
IT Manager - Maro Tradinvest, Bucuresti, Romania