Re: (PM) Radius User

Richard Morrell (portmaster@ednet.co.uk)
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 20:34:25 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 27 Feb 1999, RichardC wrote:

> We are currently running Lucent Radius for NT on our New PM3. After looking

> $1800-$18,000.) Since we do our billing from QuickBooks, what we really need
> is just simple user management tool. IE a way to add, delete , suspend users
> from our Radius USERS file, w/o editing the file directly.

If you really have to use NT for this (and I would strongly recommend
against that), you could try using PERL to build your user management
tools. You can download an decent PERL implementation for NT from:

http://www.ActiveState.com/

If you are lucky, you might find some PERL code out there that does this
sort of thing already. Otherwise, implementing it yourself shouldn't take
more than a day or two if you have done any programming before. If you
haven't used PERL before, check out its regular expression matching
features - they'll be really helpful. Also, get yourself a copy of the
camel (PERL reference) book from O'Reilly.

--
Richard Morrell                                           richard@ednet.co.uk
System Administrator - edNET: Internet Access for Edinburgh - www.ednet.co.uk