RE: (PM) OT: Any recommendations for firewalls?

Hal Dorsman (hdorsman@blackfoot.net)
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 12:26:51 -0700

I have been running Checkpoint Firewall-1 for over a year and a half,
and it is
excellent. It is available for Solaris, RS6000, and (gasp) NT. It is
extremely
secure, very high performance, and logs everything passing through it,
so is
an extremely useful diagnostic tool as well. Learning curve time is a
little
severe at first, but there is plenty of help out there. Checkpoint has
44% of
the firewall market share, so they are definately doing something right.
See
www.checkpoint.com.

If you need any more info, please let me know.

Hal Dorsman
Data Network Engineer
Blackfoot Telephone Coop
Missoula, Montana, USA