Re: (PM) CISCO 760

Scott Silzer (scotts@globalserve.net)
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 18:30:19 -0500

For the ethernet port are you using the lan or internal profile.

Taken from
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_fix/750/700cr/700crip
.htm

The command to turn dhcp off is "set dhcp off"
Use the command line not the smart start cd.

Check out this link:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/smbiz/service/configs/700/700_isp.htm

At 5:14 PM -0500 2/25/99, Christopher E. Brown wrote:
>On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, James Sneeringer wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Daniel Henry wrote:
>> | I have a customer with a cisco 760 ISDN router ... he's dialing into a
>> | PM3 at my end ... I am assigning him a subnet with a netmask of
>> | 255.255.255.240 .... the router will dial up and connect ... and I can
>> | ping the WAN interface ... but not the ethernet. If I telnet in I can
>> | ping both interfaces + his localnet from the router.
>>
>> I have a couple dedicated ISDN users with 762 routers connecting to our
>> PM-2ei. They have a quirky interface, but they're solid performers. And
>> they have lots of blinky lights, which customers seem to like.
>>
>> I don't have my notes on the 760 here, but make sure you 'set routing on'
>> so it knows to act as a gateway.
>

> By default the 762 does NAT with DHCP assigns on the ethernet
>side, and unfort this seems to be all their automated client software can
>setup. If you want them to route you must enable routing, disable DHCP or
>reset the dchp pool to somthing real instead of 10.0.0.0
>
>----
> As folks might have suspected, not much survives except roaches,
> and they don't carry large enough packets fast enough...
> --About the Internet and nuclear war.
>
>-
>To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
>'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

Scott Silzer
MailTo:scotts@globalserve.net
GlobalServe Communications
A Primus Canada Company