Re: (PM) CISCO 760

Christopher E. Brown (cbrown@denalics.net)
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 13:14:06 -0900 (AKST)

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, James Sneeringer wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Daniel Henry wrote:
> | I have a customer with a cisco 760 ISDN router ... he's dialing into a
> | PM3 at my end ... I am assigning him a subnet with a netmask of
> | 255.255.255.240 .... the router will dial up and connect ... and I can
> | ping the WAN interface ... but not the ethernet. If I telnet in I can
> | ping both interfaces + his localnet from the router.
>
> I have a couple dedicated ISDN users with 762 routers connecting to our
> PM-2ei. They have a quirky interface, but they're solid performers. And
> they have lots of blinky lights, which customers seem to like.
>
> I don't have my notes on the 760 here, but make sure you 'set routing on'
> so it knows to act as a gateway.

By default the 762 does NAT with DHCP assigns on the ethernet
side, and unfort this seems to be all their automated client software can
setup. If you want them to route you must enable routing, disable DHCP or
reset the dchp pool to somthing real instead of 10.0.0.0

----
As folks might have suspected, not much survives except roaches,
and they don't carry large enough packets fast enough...
--About the Internet and nuclear war.