RE: (PM) PCI Modems - Again!

charlie (csimpson@preferred.com)
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:54:15 -0500

Hello,

Try entering +MS=V34,1,300,33600,300,33600 to lock them at v.34 if that
works substitute V90 for the V34 and a valid low v90 speed in place of the
last 33600 then edge that up until the connection becomes unstable. Also the
firmware is very important, you can use anyones firmware but you may lose
the sound. Latest firmware I know of is .145 located at:
http://www.zoltrix.com/modem.htm#FMHCF56i

Also here's a page where they keep up pretty well with drivers.

http://members.cnx.net/reboot/drivers.htm

Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-portmaster-users@livingston.com
[mailto:owner-portmaster-users@livingston.com]On Behalf Of Jeff Halper
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 1999 2:47 PM
To: portmaster-users@livingston.com
Subject: (PM) PCI Modems - Again!

Here we go again!

We have PRI lines on PM3's.

Lately we cannot seem to connect at all with PCI modems - particularly the
Rockwell HCF PCI modems shipping with new computers.

Sometimes we can get the computer to connect, but no data will transfer -
or somethimes the throughput crawls at 20,000 ms or so.

Any Portmaster fix out there? We are losing customers to Earthlink, who
apparently uses something other than PM3s, as the PCI modems connect there
just fine.

Jeff Halper
Internet Hotline
408/881-1000 fax 408-293-3456