Re: (PM) Actual 56k V.90 connection!

James Laszko (james@tfbnet.com)
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:10:51 -0800

At 10:40 AM 2/24/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Hey, how do we know you didn't just edit this? (hehehe)
>I wan't some of that.
>

>Rick Davidson wrote:
>>
>> FYI
>> I had a customer come in to have her laptop configured for my service ( I
>> see a joke in there somewhere), She was using the CirrusLogic PCMCIA 56K
>> bps FAX MODEM CARD. It would not connect without three commas after the
>> number but it connected at 56000 every time! As expected the upload speeds
>> sucked but she's just a surfer, granted we were dialing from my office to
>> the same CO where my PRIs terminate. I FTP'd a file down but was only
>> getting about 3.8kb sustained download but peaked at nearly 6kb. Thought
>> some of you would like to see that 56k is not just a myth.

Some of the laptop, service, or 56K connects? =>

James Laszko - Systems Administrator - TFBnet - http://www.tfb.com
james@tfbnet.com - http://www.tfb.com/james
P.O. Box 2828 - Fallbrook, CA - 92088 - USA
(760) 728-7920, (760) 728-6572 [Fax]

finger james@gate.tfb.com for PGP Public Key
fingerprint: 26A5 731C A2F9 49EC A7F9 F9DE A740 818E 4D53 7556