Re: (PM) Next Link as a Telco?

Bradley G. Parker (parker@vii.com)
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:52:05 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Ely Lucas wrote:

> Anyone ever heard of a company called Next Link? They say they are
> becoming a new telco and are already in 38 states and getting ready to
> hit Colorado. I'm not sure if they are going to string their own
> copper everywhere and open up COs, or if they are just going to become
> another reseller for US West. Any ideas? Heres their website:
> www.nextlink.com

Greetings,

We use NextLink here in Salt Lake City. Nextlink is a full fledged CLEC,
and not a reseller ( well, as with most CLECs, they do resell US West
copper when they don't fiber/copper to a given site, but are attempting to
use as much of their own lines as possible.) They are in the process of
stringing their own fiber, and have strung fiber to our building. We
purchase both PRIs and leased lines from them. Their rates are very
competitive ( at least here in SLC ), and overall they seem to be a fairly
solid company.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me offlist.

Best regards,

Brad