(PM) Re: Multiple WAN connections and LInux/NT Software

Thomas Kinnen (tkinnen@livingston.com)
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 07:47:17 -0800

Suresh Chandra wrote:

> (1) We want to start with a 64Kbps leased line and want to
> back it up/augment it with an ISDN line. Is there a router
> available that could handle a fractional E1 and a ISDN BRI
> connection simultaneously and provide load balancing between
> the two.

Hmmm, In theory a PortMaster 2er could run Load Balancing across the WAN port
and an ISDN line to another PortMaster. People have done ISDN and Async before
but not WAN and ISDN

> (2) Looking for recommendations on good and cheap softwares for
> NT and/or Linux
> - E-mail server
> - DNS server
> - Good and cheap billing software

E-Mail and DNS included with Linux, DNS Included with NT Server, There are a
number of Mail Servers/POP3 servers for NT such as Post.Office (What I've Run at
an ISP), MicroSoft Exchange (bit of an over kill for an ISP), SLMail, and a few
others.

For bill there is RADIUS ABM from Lucent (Though not cheap).

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@livingston.com> <tkinnen@ra.lucent.com>
"All of the opinions stated above are my own and not my employer's,
unless they were given to me by my employer"