RE: (PM) Need help subnetiing and routing (fwd)

James Courtier-Dutton (dutton@livingston-ent.co.uk)
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 16:51:22 -0000

Hello,
Why not just run OSPF in the ISP side.
PM3 can to ospf, Cisco can, and so can NT with RRAS patches.
Linux can also do it is required. You can just set the PM3 as the default
gateway for the NT and Linux box, and get the Cisco and PM3 to do the
routing.
RIP is fine for single IPs and standard Class Cs, but you get into major
problems with summarisation when the RIP are propagated across routers if
you subnet down further.
Try going to OSPF, you won't be sorry. It might take a bit of getting used
to.
Cheers
James