Re: (PM) what isdn setting to use with Onramp

Brendan Pratt (bpratt@overflow.net.au)
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 16:52:57 +1000

Hi Chris,

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Joyce <chris@hislora.com.au>

>I have made some ground now but seem to have come to a small problam (
>problay due to lackof knolwge )
>
>with my OnRamp10 service connected what isdn settings should I use ?

The important thing to remember, is to be sure that Tel$tra have enabled
both dial in and dial out with your OnRamp10.

I got stuck with that once, as I originally had my OnRamp set only to
dialin, but then decided to close down my OnRamp Duo, and utilise 2 channels
via the PM3. Blasted thing wouldn't dial out.

>I'm trying to get 8*analog ppp in and 2*64k isdn out

>set isdn net5
> ISDN Switch Type: etsi
> ISDN numberplan: ISDN E.164
> ISDN numbertype: Local
>
>analog in ok , no dial out
>

>set isdn etsi
> ISDN Switch Type: etsi
> ISDN numberplan: ISDN E.164
> ISDN numbertype: Local
>
>analog in ok , no dial out

Hmmm... sounds very much like you have no dialout on your OnRamp.

Oh, you might need to set on your isdn port a isdn directory number (any
number in your 100 number range i.e. 0755472123) , as I've heard sometimes
it is required.

Hope this of help for you.

C u laitr