Re: (PM) Re: COM OS 3.8.2

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 14:37:19 -1000 (HST)

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Jake Messinger wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, teknikul siport wrote:
>
> > Hi:
> >
> > Is it just me or are other people experiencing problems using the
> > Livingston PM3s with COM OS 3.8.2? There seems to be some problems with
> > people who use USR V.90 modems and LT WinModems disconnecting, running
> > slow....etc
>
> I seem to most recently have those same probs. A USR person will
> connect and then get booted 2 minutes later. I had thought 3.8.2 was rock
> solid, until I started to query the USR customers. I am beginning to think
> there is a problem.

Argh you cross-dress^H^H^H^H^Hposters!

The USR 'winmodem's that I've seen problems with are normally the
0056XXXX. These have a firmware of 5/98 and no updates available (oh
joy). I have a couple that I used &Nx to limit to 36000 or around there
and it still is problematic. *sigh* So much for USR being on top of code
revisions for their consumer modems that are on the low-end. This of
course compounds the problem since they have sold soooo many of these POS.

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood Got Clue? If so: ISPF! The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>