Re: (PM) BACP problem - will a fix ever come?

Joshua M. Thompson (om@mich.com)
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 14:34:17 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, John G. Thompson wrote:

> I'm checking, but so far I haven't heard of anyone that knows about a BACP
> problem with netgear.

Lucent trouble ticket 59465, created so long ago that I am surprised I
still have the number. :)

It was never resolved btw; we ended up pulling all Netgears out of service
and replacing them with Pipelines. We still run into the problem from time
to time (usually when customers buy their own equipment). A simple "set
bacp off" on ComOS would take care of it. :)

--
Network Administrator        | FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC.
mich.com, Inc.               |   -- The motto of the Ankh-Morpork City Watch