PM4 spontaneous death (Was: Re: (PM) PM4: BUG ?? Duplicate Radius

Dave (dat@insync.net)
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:16:19 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Matthew S. Crocker wrote:

> This is the EXACT symptoms we have been seeing. In fact it just went
> down as I'm typing this. The box is 100 miles away with no console
> connection so I can't check the console logs. It has been running
> fine uptil last night. Luckily we have the box on an APC masterswitch
> so we can remote power cycle it.

We just resolved a problem with a bunch of modems on a blade dying by
RMA'ing the card. The unit's seemed happy thus far, but that's not to say
that it's just trying to lull us into a false sense of security. ;) Not
sure if the modem test loops and so on may have pissed off the management
card.

After seeing Jeff Carneal's RADIUS accounting code bug warning, I'll start
adding the "verbose" to the end of my periodic "sho mem" to see if that's
the case.

--
David Thomas <dat@insync.net>                    (v) (713) 407-7000 x121
Network Administrator                            (f) (713) 407-7070