Re: (PM) Upg ComOS

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 19:37:27 -1000 (HST)

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Thomas Kinnen wrote:

> RichardC wrote:
>
> > Is it necessary to erase old com OS prior to upgrading OS's on a PM3? We are
> > running 3.7.2 and would like safest fastest way to upgrade to the latest
> > ComOS.
>
> No, you can just load the new ComOS and then if the load is successful do a
> reboot.

/me pushes Thomas back into the Parlour and makes him watch more ANIME
with the kids..

that's dangerous 8)

1) Read ALL releases notes on the ComOS you upgrade to!
2) Read inbetween release notes from the version you are running through
the one you wish to upgrade to. There are some instances where you may
need to update say a dictionary file.
3) BACKUP, BACKUP, verify backup, and BACKUP.
4) Have any notes necessary handy, and if you feel pessimistic tftp server
with appropriate image files ready.
5) Proceed as Thomas says.

Overall, I've had great success with using PmConsole and not having to
netboot. Which doesn't mean that I won't consider the possibility that I
may need to do such in the future.

http://www.iav.com/~livingston/comos/comos3.8b20.html

is my out-dated procedure I've followed. BTW, went from b20 to 3.8.2
using the same procedure ;)

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood Got Clue? If so: ISPF! The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>