Re: (PM) Remote Console equipment

Thomas Kinnen (tkinnen@livingston.com)
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 08:51:51 -0800

"David A. Allen" wrote:

> What I am having trouble with is loging the console output without
> physically sitting there and running a telnet. I have tried variations of
> expect scripts, but that involves a plain text password sitting on our
> unix system.

How are you running the ports? do you actually telnet to the PM and
then attach to the ports or do you have them set as devices and telnet
to a specific port?

Another option is to setup in.pmd/pmnetd and defining the ports as tty's
on you unix box and then write a program that attaches to the tty's and
logs their output to a file and you can just tail the file. I know
that's possible but just not sure how to do it. I'm actually playing
with pmnetd right now for a few things.

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@livingston.com> <tkinnen@ra.lucent.com>
"All of the opinions stated above are my own and not my employer's,
unless they were given to me by my employer"