Re: (PM) Outlook Express

Stephen Henry (mithrandir@hurontario.net)
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:45:51 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Larry wrote:

> the only reason I'm using this Microshit stuff is most of our users are
> and we need to find the bugs. Telling customs to use a different reader is
> not
> a option just cerates a lot of tech support like where do I get it, how
> come I have to
> pay for it, This is to hard I'm going back to AOL.

First, let me say thank you to all those who responded to my original
message and the many 'children' it spawned. A lot of good little bits and
pieces showed up in the answers that helped me, and I'm sure many others,
with the dreaded 'Outlook'. I had no idea the problem(s) was/were so wide
spread.

have is Outlook Express, let me share:

We have a recent copy of Pegasus Mail on our site, linked to our main
page. Download is as simple as clicking on the link and chosing 'Run'. The
transfer takes place and the install wizard executes automatically. We
tell the client to accept all the default prompts and complete the
installation then call for tech support to configure. Configuration is
easy and quick (5 single-entry screens) and then we install it as the
mailer of choice in Internet Exporer. (view/internet options/programs -
select Pegasus Mai from the pick list - apply/ok) and the client is a
happy camper from there on.

For those who don't know, Pegasus Mail is a full featured commercial
quality package that is, as far as I've been able to tell, bug free and
the price is certainly right: FREE. It's not crippleware or nagware or any
other kind of shareware and there is no 'big brother' to buy. The author
gives it away FREE because, as he says, he hopes 'that communication will
make the world a better place.

The product is top notch, network savy, multi-user/multi-account ready.
And it has none of the 'undocumented features' that seem to make OE so
popular.

And, to keep this message on topic a little, it works just fine with all
installations of PM2 and PM3 that I've tried.

Steve.