Re: (PM) PM4: BUG ?? Duplicate Radius Accounting records?

Matthew S. Crocker (matthew@crocker.com)
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 10:47:22 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Dave wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Matthew S. Crocker wrote:
>
> > It also locked up 3 times last night but that is another story.
>
> Can you give a little more detail about this? We've been having what
> seems to be similar problems with our PM4. 3 times in the last two weeks,
> it's stopped answering calls, wouldn't respond to SNMP or telnet, but
> would respond to ICMP. On the console, we saw pages and pages of
> debugging info about the backplane being reset, though I haven't seen this
> data myself. I'm still waiting for it to happen when I'm around.

This is the EXACT symptoms we have been seeing. In fact it just went down
as I'm typing this. The box is 100 miles away with no console connection
so I can't check the console logs. It has been running fine uptil last
night. Luckily we have the box on an APC masterswitch so we can remote
power cycle it.

-Matt

Matthew S. Crocker
Vice President / Internet Division Email: matthew@crocker.com
Crocker Communications Phone: (413) 587-3350
PO BOX 710 Fax: (413) 587-3352
Greenfield, MA 01302-0710 http://www.crocker.com