Re: (PM) ComOS version

Richard Morrell (portmaster@ednet.co.uk)
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:38:58 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, Richard Morrell wrote:

> While I'm on the topic of ComOS reliability (again), I've found a great
> way to keep ComOS from rebooting itself[2]. About two weeks ago, I made a
> configuration change (enabled OSPF and increased the number of PMConsole
> sessions), which requires a reboot[3]. I didn't both rebooting because I
> reckoned that the portmangler would reboot itself at some point.
>
> However, much to my surprise the damn thing has been totally rock solid
> since I made the change. Can anyone else verify this as a reproducable
> fix or is it merely amusing?

I can confirm that this DOESN'T work as my portmangler has just rebooted
itself again. On the upside, it lasted 18 days which is a ComOS 3.8x
record and I have OSPF running now...

The Cisco 5360 is going to have to try really hard to be worse than this.

--
Richard Morrell                                           richard@ednet.co.uk
System Administrator - edNET: Internet Access for Edinburgh - www.ednet.co.uk