Re: (PM) range of ip numbers for user (fwd)

John Storms (jstorms@livingston.com)
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 06:46:03 -0800

The 4.1 version of the ComOS for the PM4 will allow the operator to
configure named IP pools. Each pool will hold upto 8 address ranges
specified as a base_address/mask. A new RADIUS attribute will be added so
the named-pool can be configured in the RADIUS user profile. This feature
is going to be a PM4 only feature.

At 10:06 PM 2/15/99 -0800, MegaZone wrote:
>Once upon a time Stephen Johnson shaped the electrons to say...
>>I have a 'newuser' account that I want multiple people to be able to login
>>to but I want them to have specific ip numbers. Is there a way to do this in
>>the portmaster users? (I have RadiusNT from IEA software but haven't figured
>>out how to do it in there.)
>
>It is better to do this from RADIUS, but either way you'd just have the
>user use an IP from the pool. Then each instance of the login would be
>given a new IP.
>
>-MZ
>--
>-=*X GOT CLUE? ISPF II - SAN DIEGO, CA 3/6-10 <URL:http://www.ispf.com/> X*=-
><URL:mailto:megazone@megazone.org> Gweep, Discordian, Author, Engineer, me..
>Join ISP/C Internet Service Providers' Consortium <URL:http://www.ispc.org/>
>"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 781-788-0130
><URL:http://www.megazone.org/> <URL:http://www.gweep.net/> Hail Discordia!
>-

---
jstorms@lucent.com (Galactic Hero)
Diplomacy:  The art of saying good doggie
while seaching for a big rock.