Re: (PM) looking for opinions - PM3 (fwd)

Bryan Wann (bwann@cwis.net)
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 23:57:26 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Tim Tsai wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 03:37:23PM -0600, Bryan Wann wrote:
> > *might* be worth the additonal hassle?
>
> Calm down. :-)

I feel much better now. :)

> What are the major providers using, BTW? I know AOL is all USR and
> there are also a lot of Max TNT's out there. Are any of the top 10
> providers using Lucent?

Good question. I am thinking that Lucington missed the boat on the really
large and dense setup because the PM4 was not out yet. AOL used to be
mainly USR-based, but with the way they have been outsourcing ports to
other wholesale providers, I am sure they have a good chunk of TNT ports
now. Looking at Lucington PM case studies, all of those tend to be
largish metro/regional ISPs. Megapop is the only company that I know of
that has rolled out more than a handful of PM3s across the nation.

---
Bryan Wann		bwann@cwis.net
CWIS Internet Services	http://www.cwis.net 918-967-2858

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day; Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime; Enlighten him further, and he opens a chain of seafood restaurants