Re: (PM) Re: LT Modem installation

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 17:34:58 -1000 (HST)

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Steve Coleman wrote:

> Ed Schulz wrote:
>
> > This makes me cry! These modems are so easy to install if you know what
> > you're doing (like anything else, I suppose), but you're sure to screw
> > things up if you try random wrong things!
> >

> One thing that was not clear (it's in small print on the CD jacket) on the LT
> modems we use was that the software MUST be installed before the modem is put in
> the machine. We caught it but forgot to mention it on the first 2 or 3 we sold.
> Not everyone reads the install instructions. We make sure they know now.

AH! Now that's a possibility I overlooked. I'll have to check the 5.39
readme about it. This makes me wonder, as I can't remember if I reloaded
the software before reinstalling the modem. I did remove all the soft and
the modem, but I may have installed modem again on a cleaned out system,
then loaded the soft, which sounds like a problem. THANKS!

Looking at the readme doesn't say anything about this, guess it's meant as
an update/upgrade and not a regular install?

539readme.txt:

*** TO INSTALL ***

Simply run this exe. It should automatically run setup, which will
remove the current modem and all its associated files, detect the modem
again, and install it with the new inf file.

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood Got Clue? If so: ISPF! The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>