Re: (PM) BRI/PRI PM solution

Matthew S. Crocker (matthew@crocker.com)
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 14:52:55 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Larry D Snyder, CEN, RN wrote:

> I'm in the process of determining what PM hardware I need -- I would like a
> product that I could start out with 4 BRI's and add to it -- in a couple of
> months upgrading the telco to a PRI.
>
> What options are there using the PM product line? I want something state of
> the art and pure digital..

You want a Portmaster 3, unfortunately they don't make a PM-3 that
supports BRI. It is a PRI only device. Adtran makes a BRI <-> PRI
converter which you should be able to put between your telco and your PM-3
until you grow to PRI size.

The PM-2 can support direct BRI but it doesn't support modems on it and it
is old technology so I wouldn't touch it.

-Matt

Matthew S. Crocker
Vice President / Internet Division Email: matthew@crocker.com
Crocker Communications Phone: (413) 587-3350
PO BOX 710 Fax: (413) 587-3352
Greenfield, MA 01302-0710 http://www.crocker.com