RE: (PM) Palmtop Connection Problem

Collyer Dan (collyer_dan@mail.chattanooga.gov)
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 14:34:18 -0500

Yes, I used the same account for both tests. I have also tried using local
accounts on the PM. I just downloaded a new utility for this Jornada and the
strangest thing happens. I can start a ping to a node on a different subnet
and it will respond about 10 times and then the ping times out. It is like
the PPP connection looses its mind and the PM decides to stop forwarding
packets to the serial port. If I look at the routing table the route is
still there and it is being propagated because I can go to another Cisco
router and see the route.

____________________
Dan Collyer

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Kinnen [mailto:tkinnen@livingston.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 1999 11:23 AM
To: 'portmaster-users@livingston.com'
Subject: Re: (PM) Palmtop Connection Problem

Collyer Dan wrote:

> We have a portmaster 2e30 with 10 isdn ports and 10 async ports. When I
dial
> into it with a laptop everything works just fine. When I dial in with a
> handheld device running Windows CE the device will connect, validate with
> the radius server, negotiate a connection and assign an IP. After
connecting
> you cannot ping the remote device even from the portmaster. I can use the
> same setup on the CE box and dial a USR or 3com box and everything works
> fine. Has anybody seen something like this?

Are you using the same User-Name for both tests? What does the port
look like when you are connected and what does the routing table look
like? It sounds like a routing issue. Have you tried a ptrace to see
if data was coming in or out of the port?

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@livingston.com> <tkinnen@ra.lucent.com>
"All of the opinions stated above are my own and not my employer's,
unless they were given to me by my employer"