Re: (PM) Rockwell HCF modems

pmaster@sentex.net
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 12:37:28 GMT

On 10 Feb 1999 05:42:18 -0500, in sentex.lists.livingston you wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Feb 1999 pmaster@sentex.net wrote:
>
>> > We have many users with Rockwell HCF based modems, and they all
>> >appear to be having trouble connecting to our PM3's with ComOs 3.8.2.
>> >Does anyone have an Init String that provides good results with these
>

>They also seem very sensitive to the condition of the phone lines; I have
>seen many instances where any HCF modem works well (albeit with high ping
>times usually) from one location, but absolutely refuses from another.

In my case with the Acer and the Diamond, the only thing that changed was
the modem... i.e., same computer, same telephone line, same PRIs dialed
into... Thinking it was just a bad Acer, I tried 2 others with pretty well
the same results.

---Mike
Mike Tancsa (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,