Re: (PM) Netboot problems

Thomas Kinnen (tkinnen@livingston.com)
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 03:07:13 -0800

mvc@missvalley.com wrote:

> When trying to netboot the pm3, the netboot works successfully,
> but after saying
> Testing High Memory ... 4096K
> mdp_init: MODEM FILE ERROR!
> Found 61 ports....
> then it locks until i power off.
> If I use the newest image file for the PM3
> It continually reboots. after
> Found 61 Ports.

When you net booted did you use the GENERIC.PM3 file, reboot and then
load the ComOS 3.8.2 image? Also you may want to do an erase flash all
before you reboot. This will completely erase the flash and make sure
it is blank. If the upload still does not take you may want to run a
flash debug when you do the erase flash to see if any errors occur.

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@livingston.com> <tkinnen@ra.lucent.com>
"All of the opinions stated above are my own and not my employer's,
unless they were given to me by my employer"