RE: (PM) PM2e w/modem connections

mike@alba.co.za
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 12:44:02 +0200

Those modems are not able to accept incoming calls above 33'6, full stop.
Look at Livingston's web site about how 56k modems and calls are handled.

To be able to handle 56k, install new PM3's or PM-4's and new lines
and...and....

Cheers
Mike Epprecht
IT Manager, Alba Hydraulics (PTY) LTD
Johannesburg, South Africa. +27-11-458-1200
e-mail: mike@alba.co.za http://www.alba.co.za

-----Original Message-----
From: Dewayne Hayes [mailto:dhayes@alltel.net]
Sent: Friday, January 29, 1999 10:02 PM
To: portmaster-users@livingston.com
Subject: (PM) PM2e w/modem connections

I have inherited a system to maintain which is using a PM2e with
external USR 56k Sportster modems for dial-in use. I can't seem to
connect any faster than 26,400. Is this a modem problem, a line problem
or could it be in the PortMaster configuration? The modems are pretty
old and may need to be "flashed" or simply replaced. TIA