Re: (PM) ISDN Router suggestions

Al Hopper (al@logical-approach.com)
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 21:59:16 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Jake Messinger wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Erik P. Power wrote:
>
> > Hi all-
> > I'm looking for suggestions for a well-featured ISDN router with an
> > interface that actually makes some sense. I like my current Livingston
> > products--how do they perform in the office router arena? Thanks...
>
> If you can wait just a few more weeks, the new OR-U will be out. It will
> run 3.9 com os, do nat and proxy routing, compression, multiple ethernet
> interfaces.

I sure hope they will offer a really good Trade In/Trade Up program for
current OR-Us. We waited and waited and waited for NAT, BACP etc. They
almost *owe* us replacements!!

Hopefully this product will do everything the Netgear 348 does and then
some. It also needs to be in the same street price range - and with some
future-proofing built-in. I'm tired of "The Dog Ate My CPU Cycles" excuses
of the older Livingston products....

I really want to see Livingston knock out a real winner here. Pump some
new blood into the low-end (read reasonable cost) product range. Please
Lucington show me some innovation - it's been a long time since the PM3 was
launched!

> But if you need that stuff now, get the Netgear model 328.
^^^^^^^

Off Topic: Have you seen the Netgear GigaBit ethernet 64-bit PCI card for
under $300 street!

Al Hopper Logical Approach Inc, Plano, TX. al@logical-approach.com
Voice: 972-379-2133 Fax: 972-379-2134
For a Good Time (TM), checkout: www.retards.com