Re: (PM) UPDATE: Fast Busies on PM3

Richard Morrell (portmaster@ednet.co.uk)
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 16:26:17 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Jake Messinger wrote:

> The original poster said " web AND ftp site".
>
> Maybe there was a brief period in which they were messing with the ftp
> site and it was not available.

The "Software Download" section of the website is just a simple CGI that
links to a download from the ftp site. If you were to only use this
method to determine which file to download from the FTP server then you
might think that the FTP site only had 3.8

Personally I don't use this method. I'm currently checking
ftp.livingston.com/pub/le/upgrades about once a day to check for new ComOS
releases because I had been told that they were close to fixing the E1
issue that I (and others) had been experiencing.

--
Richard Morrell                                           richard@ednet.co.uk
System Administrator - edNET: Internet Access for Edinburgh - www.ednet.co.uk