Re: (PM) Cardinal 33.6 -> PM3 Init?

Paul Robinson (paulr-pm@wf.net)
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 10:17:46 -0600

On Sat, Feb 06, 1999 at 07:20:37PM -1000, I don't work for Lucent RABU wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Feb 1999 info@sltic.com wrote:
>
> > Anyone have a good init to help a Cardinal 33.6 faxmodem (Model 2210)
> > connect to a PM3. I STFW and found nothing for this one. Ye ol' comma
> > trick was no help - 1 to 3 commas it won't connect, 4 or 5 and it
> > connects at 2400.
>
> ?? Which ComOS?
>
> Normally the default settings work just dandy...

*boggle*

I agree. I'm not sure of the exact model # as I'm not near the modem at the
moment, but I've been using a Cardinal 33.6k Voice/Spkr. (not a Connecta) from
home for about a year now. Using latest drivers, etc., and absolutely no
tweaks, commas, or anything else. I get 31.2k or higher every single time and
haven't ever had it 'fail' negotiation. In short, it would seem that the
answer to this question is 'nothing!'. I'd go so far as to say the problem
might be elsewhere - or perhaps the user has plugged something in to the
configs that has it confused?

FWIW, identical results from ComOS 3.7.x all the way up to 3.8.2. I've
literally NEVER heard of a problem with this modem and PM3's.

I'd say make sure you're using the latest and greatest .inf's, etc. from
Cardinal - other than that, connection problems with PM3's shouldn't be an
issue.

--
Paul Robinson
Systems Administration