Re: (PM) PM4 host prompting problem

Joshua M. Thompson (om@mich.com)
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 22:55:49 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Thomas Kinnen wrote:

> It sounds like DNS is getting blocked or not resolved. Have you tried setting
> up a ptrace filter and looking to see if the DNS request is going out and
> getting sent back to the PM?

I haven't tried ptrace yet, but the lookups work from the ComOS command
line (ie, with the ping command). The error message that comes back at the
host prompt is instantaneous though; it doesn't act like a timeout due to
blocked packets. I also went so far as to change the default ifilter to
just permit everything and it didn't make any difference.

There may e some real ComOS 4.0 issue here; I do have a trouble ticket
open with Lucent and should be hearing back from them on Monday.

--
Network Administrator        | FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC.
mich.com, Inc.               |   -- The motto of the Ankh-Morpork City Watch