Re: (PM) Need a mini PM3

Thomas Kinnen (tkinnen@livingston.com)
Fri, 05 Feb 1999 10:10:31 -0800

Portmaster wrote:

> I have a client that want's to do NT dialup. They only need about 8 or 10
> lines and I was wondering if anyone knew of a PM3-like product. I need one
> that can do DOVBS, 56K analog, ISDN data and takes 4 or 8 BRIs instead of a
> PRI?
> Somebody mentioned the USR Netserver I-Modem but I'm not sure if that does
> DOVBS and V.90 at the same time. Does Lucent have anything like that?

Not currently AFAIK. If the main reason is that they only need 8-16 channels
you may want to look at a partial PRI and a PM3 anyway. Where I was in
Florida if you needed 5 or more BRIs it was actually creaper to get a partial
PRI. It was $130 per bri ($650 for 10 Bs) vs. $300 + $32 per channel for PRI
($620). Plus you only had to pay access fees on 3 B channels on PRI but on
all of them on BRI

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@livingston.com> <tkinnen@ra.lucent.com>
"All of the opinions stated above are my own and not my employer's,
unless they were given to me by my employer"