Re: (PM) Community String for PM3?

Robert Boyle (robert@garden.net)
Thu, 04 Feb 1999 20:01:02 -0500

At 06:31 PM 2/4/1999 +0000, Michael J. Davis wrote:
>I was wanting to try out some monitoring of a PM3 using MRTG and was
>wondering if anyone can tell me what the "community string" for that is?

By default, it is public for reading and private for writing.

set snmp read whatever
set smmp write whatever

-Robert

Tellurian Networks (Formerly Garden Networks)
Quality Nationwide Internet Access since 1995
Access, Co-location, Development & Consulting
http://www.tellurian.net (973)300-9211 Ext.103
Earth first! We'll stripmine the other planets later.
"The penalty for censoring what your children are
taught is children who are no brighter than you."
Finger robert@tellurian.net for PGP public key