Re: (PM) remote pop

Thomas Kinnen (tkinnen@livingston.com)
Thu, 04 Feb 1999 12:16:02 -0800

Meade Horne wrote:

> We are looking at installing a remote pop for dialup access. I'm thinking
> of using a pm3 with a wan card in slot 6. I'd like some suggestions for
> routers/devices on the home end of the circuit. The remote pop will be
> using a different /24 and hopefully will grow beyond a single pm3. I would
> also like to be able to subnet the /24 to different remote pop's. Our
> upstream connection is a T1 through a cisco 2524. Routing suggestions would
> also be welcome. Thanks in advance for the help.

A number of People are using PM3's with no Modems. You can run up to 3
PTP T1s or FR circuits that way (PM3-2T and a WAN card). That could do
OSPF, VSLMs, or BGP.

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@livingston.com> <tkinnen@ra.lucent.com>
"All of the opinions stated above are my own and not my employer's,
unless they were given to me by my employer"