RE: (PM) No answers!

Patrick Muldoon (patrick@midtel.net)
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 14:04:19 -0500

I had the same problem on a new PM3. I was getting a ton on Lost Carrier
Disconnects. Something like 50%. It turned out to be S10 would not accept
a call, up 24 days and it had never accepted a call. Investigation of the
disconnect reason showed that 90% of the disconnects came from s10. So we
swapped T1's around, problem didn't follow T1's. We kept forcing my modem
onto that channel in the t1, and it worked fine on other pm3's. Try to dial
into s10 and it still wouldn't work. Got the never-ending handshake, and
then disconnected. Couldn't trace it to a bad modem, since once we busied
that channel out, they all filled up normally. It wasn't our line
equipment, we replaced everything from the frame back. Even switch T-1
channel cards in the frame. And it was still s10. We RMA'd that and it's
replacement works great.

PM3/2T CT1 AMI/D4

-Patrick

Windows 95: n. 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch
to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor
written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.