Re: Nostalgia (was Re: (PM) An issue with 3.8.2 after 21 days?)

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:50:14 -1000 (HST)

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Thomas Kinnen wrote:

> jon-lists wrote:
>
> > I never got a modem till I had a C64 though...it was a 1200 baud i beleive.
> > I do remember looking at the acoustic coupler in the radio shack catalog
> > going "man.. i wish I could tinker with that.."
>
> I still have my 1541 Disk drive, 1200 modem (I have one of the 300 black
> ones floating around some where) and a CPM Z-80 cartage for a C64. the
> C64 blew up and I've never got around to replacing it :).

Ugh, painful memories... I repaired 1541 and 1571 drives as well as the
C64s a few years back, but finding parts was a bitch.

Also had a timex/sinclair the 1K with 16K addon and the 2048(was that the
color model one?)

Took a class in 79 where I had to use punch cards, talk about walking
carefully with a box of cards!

the only thing that beats all this is having to make a basic accumulater
in Tech school and manually cycling each entry... but at least it wasn't
built with tubes ;) 555 chips are cool!

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood Got Clue? If so: ISPF! The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>