Re: (PM) Corrupted NVRAM?

Russell J Dwarshuis (rjd@merit.edu)
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:26:26 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Jake Messinger wrote:

> So what do you think the problem was? A corrupt com os image during your
> initial load?

I don't think so because I ftp'ed a copy off of ftp.livingston.com and
compared it with what I had loaded into the NASs. They were identical.

Since they all broke about the same time, yet were at different locations
and used different radius servers I suppose it's possible a luser broke
them via a denial of service attack. This seems unlikely for two reasons:
typically attacks are aimed at just one hunt group and also because I have
not seen other reports of this type of failure on this list. I'm not
discounting the possiblity of a DOS attack, however.

So at this point the cause of the failure is still unknown.

-Russell Dwarshuis