Re: (PM) An issue with 3.8.2 after 21 days?

John W Baxter (jwblist@olympus.net)
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 22:01:18 -0800

At 22:03 -0600 2/1/99, Marco C. Coelho wrote:
> While I'm not that old, I started out on a ASR33 teletype connected to a
> Nova 1200 minicomputer at a whopping 300 baud.....
>
> But at least it connected

I still have my acoustic coupler, from the days when AT&T made "Data
Sets" and everyone else was fighting the battle between acoustic
couplers and magnetic couplers (the latter tended to work better
except with phones which which they didn't work at all).

--John

--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.  Teach him to fish,