Re: (PM) New PM user Q. What do you think of the PM? (fwd)

Brian Elfert (brian@citilink.com)
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 12:07:56 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Paul Yoes wrote:

> number of customers increases. I have noticed another problem, the more
> ADSL customers that sign up off this one CO, the more problems my v.90
> customers have off that same CO. I can't even convince GTE that there's
> a problem, let alone get them to solve it. Calls off that CO now start
> at 49,333 and end 3-5 minutes later at 2400-4800 baud. Gotta love the

This certainly should not be happening. The DSLAMs should be completely
seperate from the switch.

Example of what happens at Central Office:

Phone line
--------------------|-----| with no DSL |------| Trunks to other COs
Phone line |DSLAM|----------------|Switch|===============

ATM or Frame to various ISPs.

The only way I could see the DSL messing with thing is if the phone lines
that now have DSL on them are interfering with the other cable pairs in
the bundles going to various homes.

Brian