Re: (PM) PM4 and load

Jeff Haas (jmh@mail.msen.com)
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 10:14:23 -0500

One of the things that we got from chatting with our sales rep
(Hi, Frank!) was that the PM3/4 outsource a large chunk of their
operations on a per-modem basis on the DSP's. IOW, the PPP and
a lot of the basic IP based stuff aren't run on the primary CPU,
they are run on the DSP.

I have no clue about filtering, STAC compression, et al. I also
wonder about ISDN which don't require DSPs.

Then again, I may have been misinformed.

--
Jeffrey Haas -+- jmh@msen.com -+- http://www.msen.com/~jmh
/\/\sen, Inc. "Michigan's Best Run Internet Service Provider."