Re: (PM) PM-4

John Storms (jstorms@livingston.com)
Wed, 04 Nov 1998 15:26:57 -0800

Xon/Xoff and RTS/CTS are settings that affect the connection of an aysnc
DTE and DCE device. Since such a relationship does not exsist on the PM4's
DSP modems this issue should be cosmetic only. If there are connection
problems then line impairments, modem negotiations, A/D conversion, etc
should be explored.

At 06:04 AM 11/3/98 -0500, Tom Noe wrote:
>I had the same problem with the PM-4. I found that when the ppp session
>starts
>that the modem switches to Xon/Xoff. Check your users connection (sh s7)=
and
>see if the modem is in Xon/Xoff status. Livingston hasn't come up with a=
fix
>for me yet....
>
>Tom
>...=20
>=A0http://www.caide.com =A0=A0=A0 (717) 749-5995
>Computer Aide=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 (717) 749-5545=
(Fax)
>The ISP's Design & Implementation Experts =20
>-
>To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
>'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

---
jstorms@lucent.com
Diplomacy:  The art of saying good doggie
while seaching for a big rock.