Re: (PM) Ugly (but handy) debugging tool (fwd)

Jeff Haas (jmh@mail.msen.com)
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 10:50:31 -0400

On Thu, Jul 30, 1998 at 01:11:43PM -0700, Andrew Doolittle wrote:
> Yep, and yep. We're doing the username version first because it works more
> universally, and it was easier 8-) The calling number version will follow.

Not to pry, but is this version going to have a bit of a memory to it?
We experience two types of common problems prior to IPCP negotiation:

o Incompatible LCP settings that refuse to negotiate
o Wrong login in the first place.

If we ask the tool to watch for a login, well... you get the idea.
It'd be nice if it watches for all logins and lets us track a specific
session post-mortem.

--
Jeffrey Haas -+- jmh@msen.com -+- http://www.msen.com/~jmh
/\/\sen, Inc. "Michigan's Best Run Internet Service Provider."