Re: (PM) IRX Frame Relay Setup

Cassandra M. Perkins (cassy@loop.com)
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 19:24:45 -0700 (PDT)

Did you assign a IP address to the serial interface on both routers? When
I setup frame relay between two Cisco routers, I can setup the serial
lines without assigning an address (ip unnumbered). When I setup my Cisco
with the IRX, I had to assign both serial interfaces an IP address in the
same network. For example,

Cisco - ip address 10.130.138.1
IRX - ip address 10.130.138.2 ( command: set w1 dlci 16:10.130.138.2 )

| Cassandra M. Perkins | People usually get what's coming to |
| Network Operations | them... unless it's been mailed. |
| The Loop Internet Switch Co., LLC | -fortune |