Re: (PM) PM3 suddenly not working with 56K modem.

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 13:34:23 -0700 (PDT)

On 23 Jul 1998, Jason Xu wrote:

> We have PM3 running com3.8b13 and was running fine for over a month. All of
> a sudden, from last night, many 56K flex users can't login. Bring up
> terminal after dialing shows they are not getting login prompt so it's an
> indication that modem does not negotiate well. All 33.6 and other users
> seems to be fine. We've got few complains, all 56K modems. Since there is
> nothing to configure the modem on PM3, I was wondering what can be done to
> solve this issue? Will a reboot solve it? It would be a pain if we have to
> reboot it.

What does/do a "show modems" and "show mX" look like on the PM side for
these connections?

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>