Re: (PM) Just read the after hours support.

Chris J. Magnuson (chrism@peakpeak.com)
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 13:57:24 -0600

>From: Jake Messinger <jake@ams.com>
>Subject: Re: (PM) Just read the after hours support.
>
>On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Brian Elfert wrote:
>
>> You really need to compare the Smartnet pricing on a 5200 or 5300.
>
>that is true. Ill look it up unless someone already knows. I think last
>time I purchased it for a customer, it was around $1200 for a 4700.

Supposedly, 8% of list price.

>> I'll bet the pricing is over $1000 a year. The PM3 already has overnight
>> sawp in the 1 year warranty. (At least, everyone I've talked has gotten a
>> new unit sent overnight.)
>
>It just seems like a high amount for 24x7 telephone support. Thats not
>even a warranty as far as I can tell, just the priveledge of talking to
>people after hours. I think it would be better just to get the provision
>service plan.

If you're talking about Cisco support, 24x7 is nice, but they replace your
equipment too if needed. At least, they always have for me.

I never got the Lucent support options spelled out, it was just a huge sum
of money though.

Chris