Re: (PM) Extension of network neighborhood

info@sltic.com
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 12:39:06 -0500

At 11:40 AM 7/23/98 -0500, Jake Messinger wrote:
>On Thu, 23 Jul 1998 info@sltic.com wrote:
>
>> At 09:07 AM 7/23/98 -0500, Jake Messinger wrote:
>> >Has anyong been able to get Network Neighborhood to show up on a remote pc
>> >when dialing into a pm 3 connected to a local network? I think Im missing
>> >something here. Seems like the nbnserver data is not being sent over.
>>
>> You need to check "log on to network" in DUN and under Control Panel ->
>> Network -> Identification make sure that 'Computer name' and 'Workgroup'
>> are valid for the local network.
>
>Yep I thought so. By default I always automatically uncheck that when I
>set up DUNS. Now one problem is that some of my customers run Trumpet
>Firesock. Will I NOT be able to do it with Trumpet?

There's a SMB client for DOS called MSClient that might work. I think
though that since it's DOS it will only give you DOS command line access
to shares and not map shares to Network Neighborhood or to drives under
My Computer. I believe you can find it on an NT or Win95 CD under a clients
folder (or M$'s website).

Bruce
info@sltic.com