Re: (PM) Two weeks later, and still no working ComOS

John Vozza (john@netrom.com)
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:48:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Chris Conn wrote:
[snip]

> Anybody who is claiming they are losing customers because Lucent doesn't
> support V.90 "properly" is not structured as they should be or they are
> not taking the time to explain that V.90 is not yet a "real" standard and
> that it is still in testing to their customers. ISPs will not profit from
> V.90, modem vendors will. If ISPs were to stop and think for 2 seconds
> they would realize that.

Please take your head out of the sand! The main problem with us tech types
is that we look at things very one sided.

The reality is v.90 is what Joe User is buying for their computer because
thats what the modem manufacturers are selling and promoting! (Lucent
included!)

My job is to sell and support Internet access not explain away the big $
tactics of manufactures that sell modems.

I agree with Livingston's position that its ready when its ready. However
if "ready" is taking to long then I truly believe that there is a resource
shortage at Livingston that needs to be addressed quickly.

I didn't buy my PM3's because the web site was pretty, I bought them
because they worked and worked well in the "world" at that time. I would
sure hate to see that change.

Respectfully

John