Re: (PM) New website www.livingston.com

John W Baxter (jwblist@olympus.net)
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 10:50:18 -0700

At 21:33 -1000 7/21/98, I don't work for Lucent RABU wrote:
>I'm putting out a call for people to e-mail me on whether they
>
>do [ ]
>
>do not [ XXXXXXXXXXXX ]
>
>like Lucent RABUs new site
>
>and other commentaries...

I would think that if Lucent really wanted a referal to their site, RABU
would build a home page in which that referal shows. Neither the word
"Lucent" (under the PM4 at the left) nor the URL (under the overlapped
graphics at the right) show in Macintosh Explorer (I am NOT going to widen
my Explorer browser window to unhandy dimensions just to please errant web
"designers").

Nor am I going to run web browsers with JavaScript and Java routinely
turned on (lack of trust...I don't have a sandbox machine).

And I'd really rather use lynx some of the time.

John (the first "T" in HTTP stands for Text) Baxter

--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.  Teach him to fish,