Re: (PM) "Set register" values

John Storms (jstorms@livingston.com)
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 08:34:11 -0700

There should be a tech note on the web page that goes through the various
values for erasing flash cells.
Newer versions of the ComOS sport the erase command that is much safer.
The set register is similiar to the 'poke' command on a Commodore 64. If
you miss-type one character you have no idea what will happen, but it will
probably be bad.

At 08:23 PM 7/21/98 -0400, Joe Hartley wrote:
>I've got a PM2 that's gone wonky, and I need to clear out the flash RAM
>real well, then try a netboot. My "archives" show that the command
>"set register 0xffff 0x0102" will completely wipe the flash RAM. Is this
>correct? are there other values that will do a more/less thorough job?
>Thanx!

---
jstorms@lucent.com
Diplomacy:  The art of saying good doggie
while seaching for a big rock.